IJPAM: Volume 109, No. 3 (2016)
BOUSSINESQ TYPE EQUATION WITH GENERALIZED
Departamento de Matemáticas
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Bogotá, Kra. 30 No. 45-03, COLOMBIA
Abstract. In this paper, we study the Zufiria's higher-order Boussinesq type equation with generalized coefficients from the point of view of its exact solutions. The improved tanh-coth method is used with the aim to obtain periodic and soliton solutions to the mentioned equation. The solutions obtained here are in a more general form from those obtained by authors of other works. We will see that the solutions for some particular cases can be derived from the obtained here.
Received: March 4, 2016
Revised: July 7, 2016
Published: October 1, 2016
AMS Subject Classification: 35C05
Key Words and Phrases: improved tanh-coth method, Zufiria's equation, Boussinesq type equations, periodic and soliton solutions
Download paper from here.
- R.M. Miura, The Korteweg-de Vries equations and generalizations. A remarkable explicit nonlinear transformation, J. Math. Phys., 9 (1968), 1202-1204, doi: 10.1063/1.1664700.
- N. Nirmala, M.J. Vedan, B.V. Baby, Auto-Bäcklund transformation, Lax Pairs Painlevé property or a variable coefficient Korteweg-de Vries equation, J. Math. Phys., 27 (986), 2640-2646, doi: 10.1063/1.527282.
- Liu C. Yang, The applications of bifurvation method to a higher-order KdV equation, Math. Anal. Appl., 275 (2012), 1-12, doi: 10.1016/S0022-247X(02)00210-X.
- Liang Gao, Wen-Xiu Ma, Wei Xu, Traveling wave solutions to Zufiria's higher-order Boussinesq type equations, Nonlinear Analysis, 71 (2009), e711-e724, doi: 10.1016/j.na.2008.11.069.
- Kamruzzaman Khan, M. Ali Akbar, Traveling Wave Solutions of Some Coupled Nonlinear Evolution Equations, ISRN Mathematical Physic, 2013 (2013), Article ID 685736, 8 pages, doi: 10.1155/2013/685736.
- A.R. Seawady, O.H. El-Kalaawy, R.B. Aldenari, The applications of bifurvation method to a higher-order KdV equationWater wave solutions of Zufiria's higher-order Boussinesq type equations and its stability, Appl. Math and Comp., 280 (2016), 57-71, doi: 10.1016/j.amc.2016.01.014.
- C.A. Gomez S., An improved sub-equation method for solving nonlinear fractional equations, I.J.of pure and Appl. Mathematics, 101, No. 2 (2015), 133-140, doi: 10.12732/ijpam.v101i2.2.
- C.A. Gomez S., On a KdV equation with higher-order nonlinearity: Traveling wave solutions, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 235 (2011), 5330-5332, doi: 10.1016/j.cam.2011.05.028.
- C.A. Gomez S and A. Salas, Special symmetries to standard Riccati equations and applications, Appl. Math, and Comp., 216, No. 10 (2010), 3089-3096, doi: 10.1016/j.amc.2010.04.039.
DOI: 10.12732/ijpam.v109i3.1 How to cite this paper?
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 487 - 491